Please join this prayer vigil for the Christian communities in Palestine and Israel, for all those who are suffering in the Holy Land, for Palestinians and Israelis, and for peace in the Middle East and the world.
- Pray together as a family, as office/parish colleagues, or as a congregation, on the 24th of each month. See current participants all over the world »
- Partner with other churches located in your area to host a service of prayer on the 24th of the month and also invite speakers from the Middle East, show a video, organize a discussion group, have a meal together, or write advocacy letters.
- Share prayers and worship resources you have developed with other congregations in your community or send them to us for posting on the website.
- Promote participation in the prayer vigil through church bulletins, newsletters, and electronic media.
- Connect with others! Sign up your congregation, parish, synod, diocese, denomination, etc. to be listed on the Web as a participant in the prayer vigil.
This global ecumenical prayer vigil begins on 24 December 2012 and will continue across the globe, on the 24th of every month, until the Israeli occupation is dismantled, violence in the Middle East ends, and all can celebrate a just and lasting negotiated resolution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
By engaging in this vigil we are declaring that God’s grace is the source of all peace and through prayer we are humbling ourselves to God’s will for all creation. We offer this prayer vigil as an opportunity for congregations to incorporate the welfare of the people of the Middle East into the heart of their church life: in their worship, in their learning, and in their advocacy.
We urge people to see this prayer vigil as an outpouring of concern for Palestinians and Israelis – Christians, Muslims, and Jews – whose lives are overtaken by broken relationships and the conflict that flows from these divisions.